Wednesday 25 March 2009

AND THE WINNER IS...




Hello All.
The world has just been going a little too fast for me lately, not to mention someone has been stealing time; not just minutes but whole hours seem to keep going missing. It's dissolving away; running through my fingers without me being able to keep track of it!
.
Never mind, I'm here now so lets get down to business.
You have all left me some very interesting comments. I've loved reading every one single one of them. Actually I've read all of them several times.
.
The common theme amongst them all though is 'time' and the lack of it. Well I can't argue there can I! But as I often say to my mum; 'When you peg it, will people remember you for all the lovely embroideries you could have done, or will they remember that you always had your ironing done by a Tuesday?'
.
Well I think we all know the answer to that one don't we? So leave the ironing, just fold it up and put it away; I promise you they'll never notice! Get that special project going, learn that new skill, life is for living not ironing!

Right, that's the lecture from me over for today.

I'm afraid there was no one around to help me do the prize draw today, only sneaky dog and she can't be trusted! (She's very shifty!)


Gosh! It's exciting isn't it?



TA-DAA!
Karen would like to knit a pair of socks. Well from the sound of it I think Karen would be happy to knit a single sock never mind a pair! She has all the wool, the patterns and the needles, but she keeps chickening out and stuffing it all back in the cupboard! Tut, tut. Naughty Karen. Come on, you can do it girl. We're all rooting for you here, get those needles out and cast on tonight! I expect you to have the rib done before your prize arrives in the post.

And here is your prize. Sat amongst my sewing chaos, waiting for his new home.
Don't forget to email me with your contact details Karen. I'm at fiona@marmaladerose.co.uk
While I'm here I'd just like to say thankyou to you all for taking the time to enter and for all your lovely comments. Also, welcome to Beadywitch and Ruth who are new to Blog Land, come on in girls, the kettle is on and lid is off the biscuit tin!
Time to go now, I've got an exciting day tomorrow, I'm meeting Lucy from Attic24 for a coffee, a chat and some hooking. Not sure it'll all happen in that order though!
Oh! nearly forgot... I'll share my latest charity shop find with you next time. It's old and black and rather heavy (as Wonderful Man will testify, as he carried it all the way to the car!)
So get those 'one day' projects started ladies, I'll be checking up on you!
Love Fi x

12 comments:

The Weaver of Grass said...

Your rabbit looks sweet (and a bit lonely) sitting in Millie Moo's window!

Julia said...

Just wanted to stop by and thank you for the lovely comment that you left on my blog - its a nice thought that I might have inspired someone to dig out the art stuff and have a crack at creating again!

I like your blog alot, so Im adding it to my list :)
See you soon

Love to you
Julia xxx

Attic24 said...

oh wwwwwaaaaahhhhhhh I WANTED to WIN the RABBIT (spoilt-brat rant)...
But looking forward to seeing you tomorrow Fi, Lovely C said she'd bake some cake woohooo! Gawd i Love THursdays.
Lucexxxxxxxxxx

Poppy said...

Well-done too the winner, as she wipes the tears from her eyes!
:0(
Love Lou xxx

XUE said...

Greetings from Tokyo! I don't know how but I just came upon yr blog & oh-my-goodness!,,,you truly make the most prettiest bags I've ever seen! Especially the Wedding Bag! That makes me breathless, just looking at it!

Pink Feather Paradise said...

Congratulations Karen, You will absolutley love your rabbit, my daughter keeps trying to pinch mine!

Have fun with Lucy today

X Alex

Anonymous said...

hi Fi, i saw ur gift to lucy. its lovely and thoughtful of u to create such a beautiful home for her. well done.

Lisa said...

I found your blog over on Lucys blog! I love your handmade items. Do you sell them on any site? Like Etsy? :)

Locket Pocket said...

Hello! I've just found your blog through Attic 24 and it's lovely so I thought I'd say Hello!

There I've said it! (twice!!!)

Lucy x

Anonymous said...

hey,
Thanks, Its nice to know that the kettle is on , i shall be sure to stop by..........xox
I find this "blogland" so inspiring and it amazes me how all of a sudden the world doesnt seem so big.............And it's also filled with Amazing talented people.
Am totally loving it......
And congratualtion's to ur winner Karen, lucky Girl....
Be safe xox

Diane said...

I nearly had heart failure when I stumbled across your blog - those kids under the quilt look just like my 2!!! Love your blog.

AC said...

Just found your blog via attic 24. Can I just say that I love your sewing/embroidary work/pictures...no it is more art:-)
Take care,
Alison