Wednesday 21 October 2009

Bake or Fake!

Hello Ladies, first things first. I would just like to say thank you to Lyn at Everyday Life for giving me this award.
The 'Lemonade' award is for "seeing blessings where they're not obvious and make lemonade instead if complaining about sour lemons"
Thank you sweetie.

And talking of lemons... This is lemon layer pudding.


This pudding is all mixed together in one bowl but then during baking, separates, leaving sponge on the top and lemon sauce on the bottom!


Pure genius! No need to make custard!
I need to find a chocolate recipe!
.
Well that was the real deal and now for a little 'fake baking'

Mince pies!
All made from fabric of course.

A little bit of sticky mince meat oozing from under the lid.

Hmmm..... can you smell them. Tee hee!

I love the little red berries, three different red beads.

It's no good, I'm going to have to make some real ones!
.


16 comments:

Bertie Meadows said...

They look delicious, I love the oozing mincemeat.
Bertie x

lynn said...

hi fi ,i love them i really had to look hard as i thought they were real..i still only buy mr kipling over here as all the other's are[excuse my language] crap..no one can make a mince pie ..food or fabric ...like the dear old brits ..love lynnie

Marigold Jam said...

My favourite pudding made when my daughter comes as she loves it too - it's clever isn't it the way it separates? Love those non-fattening mince pies - so realistic and the pud. You are clever!

JAne

Sarah said...

They look absolutely fab, I love 'em!
x

Maggie Ann said...

Oh my goodness, your mince pies look so real! loved reading your post!

Carole said...

Oh the mince pies are gorgeous, you are soooooo clever . I hope you get this comment Fi.
Love Carole in Rossendale xxxxxx

KC'sCourt! said...

Those mince pies absolutely gorgous
I think I'll make the lemon pudding it looks so different!

Alchamillamolly said...

Fiona they are amazing - I thought you were joking when you said they were fabric - you are soooooooo clever. I love milkchurn cottage and her blog

Lesley (Notesfrommydays) said...

wow those mince pies are fab I was almost fooled for a minute!
Lesley x

Anonymous said...

WOW! they are amazing, well done :)

The Weaver of Grass said...

You are so clever Fiona - those mince pies are so realistic.

A friend has given me lots of odd bits of material - some furnishing fabric, some Liberty tana lawn - I have no use for them - would you like them? If so, send me an e mail and let me know if there is an afternoon next week when I could mosey over and bring them. They are not desperately exciting patterns, but the lawn is such a beautiful material I am sure you could find a use for it.

BT said...

Oh that lemon pudding looks just fabulous and how clever it is. Those mince pies are amazing. I can't imagine how you do it, you're so clever.

Lyn said...

Gosh they look so real!
Love
Lyn
xxx

Jill said...

Hi Marmaladerose!
Just read about the yummy lemon pudding which I shall try out as soon as I can! I have a similar recipe for a chocolate pudding where the sauce appears after cooking too! I don't have a blog (yet) but if you would like it you can email me.
Jill
j.ballard99@hotmail.co.uk

トリーバーチシューズ said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I stumbled across your work via Facebook. Wow you are so talented in you art and craft. I love your fieldmouse and everything else. I will follow your blog with interest and not a little envy. Love to see what you are doing next.