Tuesday 13 January 2009


Hello. How are you? Good? Yes, me too. A bit of a stiff neck, I must have slept funny, but nothing to complain about.
I have the day off work today. Hooray! So I've been out and about this morning down at our little market. Eight stalls outside lining the main street and three in the Market Hall. I know, it's all hustle and bustle here isn't it? Two of them were selling slippers and one, walking sticks, not exactly everyday necessities but we do have a rather good veg stall and a little van selling fish. In the summer there are far more stalls of course. Now though, in the middle of winter we are happy with the few stalls we have, especially when the weather is bad and you think of how far they've had to travel to get to us.

The photos are of my latest project.


This is a long over due project.


It was started probably well over a year ago.


It was this months 'Friends Challenge' set by Lesley that made me forage in the loft to retrieve it.


There has been much placing and pinning.


Lots of sewing.


Some embroidery.


And the odd swear word.
And in my best Australian accent, "Can you tell what it is yet?"

8 comments:

Shabby Chick said...

I don't know what it is but it's awfully pretty!!! Mel xxx

Mrs J said...

Oooooooooooh Fi, this looks as though it's going to be absolutely stunning! So much work and detail. I obviously know what the challenge is and what it's supposed to be but can I just say - it look's very big for the finished item(s)!?!?!?!?! Can't wait to see your finished result, as usual it's going to be truely beautiful! Best get my skates on with my project, though I'm not sure now as it's not going to be a patch on yours!
Sarah x

roseroomnz.com said...

A bed cover? Whatver it looks absolutely gorgeous! Rachaelxo

Sal said...

Beautiful work..you must have some patience ;-)

Pink Feather Paradise said...

Oh how exciting.... its lovely to see those lacey sideboard protectors being used, I remember my nan and mum having those....
I can't wait to see the big reveal!

x Alex

A Thrifty Mrs said...

Ever so pretty.

sewlines said...

It is stunning, it is gloriously beautiful! Let me ask in my authentic Australian accent,"Are we there yet?" I am dying to see what it is.

jewelrygirl said...

Don't know what it is, but it is gorgeous! What I great idea for doilies. I am going to try that......but on a smaller scale!

Nice.