Wednesday 2 November 2011

Craft Fair

Hello once again from Wensleydale. I hope you haven't given up on me!

I know it's been a couple of weeks since I last posted but life's been getting in the way again. There has been a craft fair and a trip back home due to a family bereavement. I don't think we'll mention the latter again but here are my preparations for the craft fair.
This is the double bed in the attic, acting as a practice stall for the craft fair.

And although it looks quite organised, I have to say it took me hours to set up! I'm so glad I did it though. I wanted to know exactly where to put everything on the day and just to physically see what space every thing would take up. You think you'll never be able to fill at 6 foot table but when it comes to it...

it's a bit of a squeeze. Here we are all set up. The two picnic baskets came in very handy as I packed stuff into them to travel and then used them open for display. The fair was organised by the lovely Wendy in aid of Parkinsons UK charity.

And here is the equally lovely Anne from Ash Creativity setting somebody straight by the look of it, lol. Anne spins her own yarns using British wool, makes beautiful hand quilted quilts and creates the most delicate encaustic art (pictures created with a hot iron and coloured wax).


love Fi x

13 comments:

Jeanne Feijó Machado said...

Ficou muito linda a exposição das tuas artes. A gente sempre fica com um pouco de medo, mas no final dá tudo certo. Parabéns. Bjs.
Jeanne

Elderberry-Rob said...

It all looks very tempting - wish I lived near enough to come and have a browse. The wreath is very pretty.

Annie said...

The craft stall looked wonderful Fi. I hope you sold lots :-)
A x

Kim said...

Sigh - you are so talented. Love the wreath - and the bags I've spied on your table!! Hope you had a productive and profitable day!

Caroline Lovis (Redneedle) said...

Your stall looked lovely, hope your careful planning paid off and well done with those wreaths.

lemonade kitty said...

Northallerton is only a short ride away from me I would have gone if I'd known. Are there any more fairs planned? Love the bags in the pics, I bet you were "sold out" with all tthose lovely things for sale, Lucey x

Anonymous said...

Oh you have made some lovely things Fi. Hope the day was successful for you.

Lululiz said...

Your display looks fantastic, so many gorgeous little treasures.

Adaliza said...

Your stall looks lovely. Glad you did well. It's fair 'season' for me now with so many to do in the coming weekends - and it's meant to be my hobby 'cos I teach full time as well!!! Half term was useful to fit in a bit of extra making though!

Ash said...

Thanks for the mention lovely lady! Haven't got a clue what I was doing. I have a piccy of you due on my blog at some point! :-) Could be after the fair at the week-end - what a hectic 2 days it is going to be. Catch up soon.

The Weaver of Grass said...

That business with the wreath shows good lateral thinking Fiona - well done. I hope you sold a lot of that stuff - you certainly deserve to.

Little Blue Mouse said...

Your stall looks lovely.

Are you sure Anne wasn't telling the 'paparazzi' to clear off?!

Claire said...

Hey Fi, hope the craft fair went well with loads of sales.
Always a good idea to have a pre fair stall display.....saves you time on the day if you know what goes where and gives you time to tweak anything that's not working.
Looks like you've got it well and truly sorted.......

Your Christmas wreath worked out well, love those green shell buttons, they certainly add an extra sparkle or two and now it's found a new home, well done.

Claire :]