Monday 2 February 2009

A very long bus ride!


Hello, just a quickie. Its 4:40pm and I'm waiting for child #2 to come home. She set off with school at 2:30am (yes AM) to travel to Zrece in Slovenia. Obviously the weather was against us from the start. It was touch and go whether we'd get child #2 and her best friend to school this morning as it was already snowing. Best friends mum has a 4x4 and braved the snow in the dark to get them to the coach in time. The school coach managed to get from Cumbria down to Stanstead Airport in London. When they got there their flights had been cancelled and they've had to turn around and come all the way back.



Hi, its now 5:09pm and she is home safe and well. Actually she's not home now, no, she gone straight back out in the blizzard conditions to sledge in the snow with her brother and a friend. Oh, to be 13! The view above is the usual from my attic window.

And this is what she's just gone sledging in. Mad! The snows coming down that fast we I can't see the hills! But I don't care, she's home.

9 comments:

Simone said...

That must have been so disappointing for her - and what a long journey! I bet she'll sleep well tonight after all that playing out in the snow!

Gem said...

Wow, what a great view! Sorry to hear about your daughter's trip. She must be so disappointed :( x

Pink Feather Paradise said...

Hopefully the trip is only postponed!
definately "oh to be young and carefree again" trouble is all they want to do is grow up!

x

Shabby Chick said...

How disappointing for your daughter (but reassuring for you). I hope she's had loads of fun! I posted a pic up yesterday of where the gorgeous heart now lives,thanks again xxx

Anonymous said...

I guess you'll be completely cut off by tomorrow if the forecast is correct. The kids will love it. A good opportunity to do some crafting and keep warm and snug indoors with no school runs. Happy days!

Tillybud said...

ooh I bet you're glad to have her back! the kids don't seem to mind the cold at all do they??

Hen said...

Oh, the poor girl, how disappointing. Yes, everything had ground to a halt down here but it looks like you have lots of snow too.
Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog - I cracked up at the one about smoke coming out of my sewing machine!
Hen x

Lesley's Creations said...

Hi Fi. How disappointing! But hey what a fab' way to forget about it, I love sledging, even now! You didn't fancy joining child#2 then? Was that a resounding 'NO'. Tee Hee. xx

Lesley's Creations said...

Hi Fi'. Guilty confession! So sorry I didn't meet the friends challenge this month. Soooooo sorry again. I do believe Mrs J is running a little late with hers but has done it! I do hope you will forgive me. Yours was wonderful, gorgeous! xx