Tuesday 10 February 2009

Setting Up Shop!


YES! YES! YES!
Thank you for all your pushes, nudges and shoves! Yes I am going to open a folksy shop, in fact I registered a moment ago.

Thank you for all your words of support and for gently (and some not so gently -Lesley and Alchamillamolly) pushing me in the right direction. ( Yes I can be hard work at times)
So before I go all official on Folksy, if any of you lovely, lovely ladies would really like one of my embroidered bunnies then please email me.

I have 6 bunnies. There are 4 in the yellowy-orange colours and 2 in pinky-blue colours.

They are all about 10 inches or 26cm tall, as well as being made from vintage embroidered linens, they also have matching hand embroidery by yours truly.

They have button jointed arms and tiny matching buttons attaching the ears.

Each one has a 'MarmaladeRose' label hand stitched on the back and a little love heart embroidered on his tail.

Though they have safety eyes, these bunnies are only meant for decorative purposes and not as toys.


They cost £22 each and this includes p&p in the UK.



Phew! I think that's everything. I found that really hard, I'm not a natural sales woman. (Even hundreds of years working in a shop hasn't helped.)


Thank you for the supportive comments you leave me, they really mean a lot.
love Fi x

11 comments:

Shabby Chick said...

Well done Fi! Bout time too, you should share your gifts with the world :) I would love a bunny but if I buy one more thing this month my husband will kill me!!!! I will definitely be having a look at your shop after pay day though, I promise.

Mel xxx

No one is you ...& that's your power said...

Thats great news opening a little shop. There are so many of your things I like that I am going to wait for your shop to open from the cup cakes to baby crochet bunnies, well everything!infact. I look forward to seeing all your wares !.
X Dominique
you go for it, I am sure you wont be dissapointed x

LinenandRoses said...

Great idea to open a Folksy shop. I will look out for you over there. Funnily enough, when I visited your blog yesterday and saw the bunnies I went to look in the sidebar for the link to your shop then realised you didn't have one! You definitely should as the bunnies are gorgeous so I'm glad to hear you've just registered. Good luck.

Pink Feather Paradise said...

Hi Fi, well done and I know it will be the beggining af something wonderful...
I really shouldn't but if I type really quietly the management might not notice but I would love a bunny!

Can you choose your favourite and pop my name on it!

I will pop a cheque in the post to you!

X Alex

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness look at all those bunny bottoms! Best of luck with Folksy.

Joanne said...

Love the bunnies, the last photo of all the bunny tails is fab.
Good luck with the shop.

Mrs J said...

Well done Fi! Great news on opening a shop, I'm sure it will be a great success as your creations are all just so beautiful! You are one super talented lady! The bunnies are so sweet too. Good luck with your new venture.
Hugs Sarah x
P.S. I haven't forgotten about last month's friends challenge - I've started something but just not got round to finishing it! Tut tut I know! I'll see what I can do!

Alchamillamolly said...

I would like one please but I can't see where to email you?? Am I the first?? They all look lovely so am not really bothered which one though would favour pinks rather than oranges but honestly not bothered. My email address is catherinemaudsley@hotmail.com. am on lunch at the mo having a sneaky look at the rabbits and Hey they are for sale! Yipppeee

Tillybud said...

bunnies and buttons...I'm in heaven!! I am looking forward to a cup of tea and a look around your shop.

Anonymous said...

Hi Fiona, I have been waiting to see if your lovely bunnies were for sale. Could I have a blue/pink one please. My email is randk@payne454.orangehome.co.uk.
I am so looking forward to your folksy shop.Karenx

Vintage to Victorian said...

Hi Fi

Yes please, any one will be fine if there is still one available. They all look fabulous, so I'm sure I'd be delighted with whichever one would like to come and live here! My email is sm.meager@tiscali.co.uk. Thanks.

Sue