Wednesday 5 February 2014

A Bobbett of Bunnies.

Sorry I have no idea what a 'Bobbett' is, I just liked the sound of it. 
Here they are... my little colourful cuties. 
 Maybe I should have them kicking up a leg as they remind me of a line of Tiller Girls, lol.
Exquisite hand embroidery, saved for future generations in the form of a huggable rabbit. All the bits with tea stains, rust marks and holes are cut away and saved for... well I'm not sure yet but even though they are damaged, they are still far too precious to throw away.
 I think this is the first time I've managed to make a set of triplets although one of them has already hopped out of my Etsy shop and is on her way to the States. The colours on these three bunnies make me think of Spring and Easter-time. 
Easter Bunnies! Yay! 
 Here are the twinnies. You can't really see from this angle but they both have a beautiful big pink flower on their sides.
Yes a 'bobbett of bunnies' just seems right somehow.

Hmm...maybe next time we'll take a look at a bit of sketching that so far has not been exactly what I was aiming for, but it has turned into a bit of a happy accident...well so far anyway!

Till next time
love Fi x

16 comments:

Monique van den Berg said...

Your bunnies are absolutely adorable.
That painting is really good. You are very talented!

Groetjes, Moniquee

Annie said...

Think bobbett is just the perfect name or them Fi. They are really gorgeous.....as always :-)
Hugs,
Annie x

Sam I Am...... said...

They are the sweetest! What did you get the material from? It's a great idea to use but boy someone did a lot of embroidering for sure! I have a tablecloth that I will never use but it is all hand embroidered too but all in green. I would feel good re-purposing it into something usable. Yours are gorgeous!

Anne said...

They are all gorgeous!

crafty cat corner said...

Get that word into the dictionary, its a perfect description for a lot of embroidered bunnies. I love it.
Briony
x
































































ZootyOwl said...

They are all so gorgeous- I would not know which one to choose!

crazydazy said...

such pretty buns....I feel inspired to use up those embroidered tablecloths in the cupboard.

Unknown said...

Hi...ohhhhh...so sweet!!!!! ;) very nice!!! BYE!!! NI

Jacqui Galloway said...

These are so gorgeous. Love the line up ! x

... Bimbi said...

The sketching looks totally amazing! Not exactly what I would call accident.
Everybody know that a bobbet is a line of cute bunnies!

Bimbi x

Lorna said...

Gosh those bunnies are so beautiful. You are very talented.

Twiglet said...

I think we need to create a crafters dictionary - if we can call our needle-felting "dumfing" then I am sure "bobbett" is the perfect word for your bunny troup! x Jo

The Weaver of Grass said...

If the word is not in the dictionary then it ought to go in Fiona.

They are lovely, as is your portrait.
We must meet up one of these days.

Danette Bartelmay said...

OH Fiona!!!
I LOVE your bobbett of bunnies!!!
Your embroidery work is exquisite!
~Danette

Linda Metcalf said...

How beautiful the bunnies are! What a talented lady you are!

Pat said...

Your bobbity bunnies and exquisite!
Pat x