Monday 16 July 2012

Sunshine Tonic from Me to You. x

 Hello my lovelies. I hope you're still with me? It has been a little while since we met up last but there has been oodles of felting and stitching going on over the past couple of weeks that I want to share with you. I actually prepared a post full of felty goodness but then stumbled across a file full of glorious sunshiny meadows that made me feel so good that I thought I'd share them with you in the hopes of lifting your spirits on another dismal rainy day. 
So lets go for stroll in the sunshine. 


 Through the meadows.
 Down by the river. Sneaky dog always in front.

 Our own little local 'beach', I could'nt resist snapping these sandcastle, probably the last thing you would expect to see soooo far inland. We later found out that our friends had spent the previous evening here, drinking wine (the grown ups) and building sandcastles ( their little person)

 Across on the opposite side of the riverbank are little woolly danglers snatched from their owners as they brushed past.
 Left behind by these lovely ladies.
 A little bit of welcome shade.

 You've heard of the 3 billy goats gruff, lol. WM quickly renamed Sneaky Dog, 'the troll'.
 Time to start heading back.

 Goodbye river.
 So long, meadows.
Back to our little stone boxes. I hope that cheered you as much as it did me. 
There is 'secret felting' to share with you next time and a sneaky peek of my largest piece to date. I'm off to start embroidering it now. 
So till next time.
love Fi x

9 comments:

Kim said...

Ooh I feel positively glowing now after such a wonderful walk! Thanks for that ! Such pretty countryside - certainly does the heart good. xx

Kris said...

What beautiful scenery!!!!! I loved it!!
Kris

Annie said...

Gorgeous sunny pics Fi. Thanks for sharing your walk. Looking forward to seeing the new felty pic too.
Hugs,
A x

The Weaver of Grass said...

Do you want bits of wool Fi? Our fields are littered and i could easily collect it for you. I am coming through at lunch time on the 27th so could drop it off on my way past. Nice photos. Yesterday it rained heavily when we crossed Buttertubs.

serendipity said...

What glorious scenery. It looks so bright and sunny too! xx

Noelle the dreamer said...

Fiona, it is absolutely gorgeous!
Thank your for sharing and a big hello from the Pacific NW coast!

Annie Jeffries said...

placid and tranquil - that's how i feel after gazing on the sheep on the riverbank.

Carol said...

Such a beautiful peaceful stroll, lovely photos.
Carol xx

Katienel said...

What a wonderful part of the Dales you live in. It lifted my spirits too.
thanks for sharing and if you like you can visit my part of the world at

katienel.com