Sunday 23 June 2013

Paisley and Posies.


 As promised on my last post, this is what I made with the dyed felt I'd been experimenting with.
A couple of pretty handbags. 
Both destined for brand new shop in Dorset but more of that soon.
I had a little play with a different colour-way for me and at first I thought I'd made a terrible mistake but now I've completely fallen in love with it, lol.

All three bags have the floral artwork on both the back and front.
Well you can't skimp on design when you're having sooo much fun can you! I'm obviously not a very good business woman, I know I could have made six bags instead of three if I'd only put the decoration on one side but I just couldn't bring myself to do it! lol. I'll never be rich will I!
This is my current crochet project, I like to have a bit of something on the go on an evening. I've just noticed the similarity in colours in this photo and the one above, I must be having a purple phase. 
As much as I love my felt you can't beat a bit of hooky can you!
Seems I need to promise to show you what I made with these too but that'll have to wait. I have something else I want to share with you first.

Till next time
love Fi x

20 comments:

Lyn said...

I am not surprised Poppy was taken with it...it is beautiful. I love that colour combination.
xxx

Noelle the dreamer said...

Howevr do you do it, Fiona?! It's simply magnificent and I'll wager that shoppe will sell these in no time (which will keep you on your toes as you will have to replenish the stock soon enough!)
Thanks for sharing,

Greenorchid said...

Your work is beautiful... lovely bags!! Cx

Virginia said...

Pepper was 'critic-ing' it, and came to the conclusion it was much too good to eat!!

She says "It's so pretty, and you've complimented the design with just enough stitching."

I agree completely!

moonstruckcreations said...

Totally beautiful and amazing, these will sell out straight away I reckon!

Helenxx

Dottieven said...

I sooooo look forward to your blog and today's was especially welcome. Suddenly all my stresses melt and I look forward to finishing a bag I 've been knitting. Thank you - peace reigns!

Michele said...

Wow, these are really stunningly beautiful! I want one!!

Plain Jane said...

These colour ways are beautiful - well done for trying something new. As for the finished bags - swoon - absolute works of art. Good old Pepper - I think she was considering how well it matched her colouring! Jane x

Twiglet said...

Maybe never rich but always totally brilliant!!! I don't think they will be in the new shop for long! x Jo

Elderberry-Rob said...

I love your new projects, they are fabulous, wish I lived near enough to Dorset to visit that new shop!

French Nanny said...

Absolutely beautiful!

Penny
x

The Weaver of Grass said...

Lovely bags Fi. Sorry I missed you.ofT

cathy at potterjotter said...

Well, these are just gorgeous and the ochre/brown one really does work surprisingly well. Nice to see the Green Dragon again, if only in pictures - happy memories of hols in Wensleydale for us! xCathy

Anonymous said...

Oh Fi they are just sooooo beautiful! I love the purple one. Tell more about the new shop venture soon... I would love to own a purple one!

... Bimbi said...

They are gorgeous. I love the colourways too. Good luck with the new venture!

Bimbi x

crafty cat corner said...

I just love your felting, I keep meaning to have a go but all the wet business puts me off. lol
As for colours, I think we are all drawn to certain colours and often wonder if its to do with the time of year we wer born or our star signs.
Just a thought....lol
Briony
xx

susie said...

Oh-Oh and Oh !
Your handbags are G-O-R-G-E-O-U-S !!
Such a BEAUTIFUL work Fiona and I love your choice of colours ..wauw !!!
People will buy them at once, no doubt about it !
And now I'm curious what you'll bring us next time :)
Have a nice week ..

Claire said...

Hey Fi, your bags are lovely, such a lot of work goes into them. I know what you mean about having to decorate both sides. I'm the same with my tea cosies. It's like a blank canvas and you can't ignore it.
I think my favourite bag is the one Pepper is eyeing off.Always nice to try something new and have it work for you.....

Enjoy your week,

Claire X

Maria said...

Your bags are so beautiful Fi and I love your crochet hexies. I made a beautiful lap rug last year using the same method and it is so cosy on these winter nights in NZ.

Wendy said...

absolutely stunning. Your art, and it is art, is so inspiring