Tuesday 21 February 2012

Following Fat Birds, Fat Hens.

You know how we love our hens here in the MarmaladeRose household, you might even spy a pesky hen in the background of this photo. Please keep it to yourselves though as that pesky hen is actually in next doors back garden, oops! And the lady next door doesn't like hens in her back garden, even bigger oops! To be honestly honest we're not the terrible neighbours that you might think as that pesky hen isn't actually ours. No it belongs to another neighbour but likes to live in our hen house with our girls (obviously giving them a bad name by association). Wonderful Man and I will catch her later when she's not looking and clip her wing, that should do the trick.
These little fat hens on the other hand are very well behaved. They evolved from my fat bird design and are filled with wheat so they can be gently warmed in the microwave and cupped in your palm all toasty and warm.

I don't think Lady Gaga is too sure though. I think she sees them as competition or maybe she can just smell the wheat and sees them as lunch!

You've heard the saying about things snowballing...well here's a  larger hen to make a fabby doorstop.
OO! They look like they're sat having a good old gossip, lol.

Oops! I think one of them heard me!


18 comments:

willywagtail said...

Cheeky. Absolutely cheeky! Lovely idea to have a wheat pack in a toy form and the roundness of the spreading derrieres would comfy for human bodies too. Cherrie

Carol said...

Lol, at you two having your tea.
Lovely design, I'm sure they'll be very popular at Milkchurn Cottage.
Carol xx

barb said...

Absolutely LOVE the fat hens. I am a stay-at-home gramma to 6 children ages 4 months, 2, 3, 5, 7, & 8. The nursery in my house has a theme of The Little Red Hen. LOVE YOUR HENS!!!

I am getting ready to mention you on my blog.

barb

April Cottage Ramblings said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
April Cottage Ramblings said...

They are so lovely. Where can I get a pattern, they are an ideal project to use up some of my material stash !! PS. I love your header photo on your blog. Such rich colours

Jayne xx

Unknown said...

Ahhh those are fabulous ;-)) Bless that hen. dee x

Ash said...

Lovely post kiddo, you have such a way with words - and stitching!!!!
Love 'em!!

The Fairy Glade said...

So adorable, I am sure that they will be really popular. Dev x

Anonymous said...

Hi Fi,
Firstly, thanks for the message re free style stitching.
Secondly, love the hens. I love chickens and would keep them but can't so I just drool over other people's!

Anonymous said...

I am completely smitten with these!!! I want one! Really ~ they just make me smile. My grandparents were chicken farmers and are long gone now, but I still think of Grandma when I see a chicken because she loved them so and collected an array of chicken things all her life.
Lovin' It!
Danette

Twiglet said...

Brilliant - you are so clever at creating with fabric. I am sure your little hens will soon be snapped up.

Elderberry-Rob said...

They are lovely, I do love your doorstops. Bettyx

Claire said...

Hey Fi, you know how I love my chooks........yours are just gorgeous.
Fat hens, too cute. Great idea to fill them with wheat too.

Hope you managed to clip the escapees wing before your neighbour found her!!

Claire :}

Little Blue Mouse said...

Your fat hens frilly tails are just lovely!

Cathy at PotterJotter said...

I thought they were doorstops straightaway when I saw them - they're probably the nearest I shall ever get to keeping hens! Gorgeous as usual! xC

patty said...

Aaw these are just scrummy, they're very characterful just like real chickens. I loved your owls too, very nicely done and a great idea to double as hand comforters. x

Vintage Sheet Addict said...

I have fallen in love with chickens all over again! :)

Alicia said...

ME ENCANTAN LAS GALLINAS LAS DE PLUMAS ..Y LAS DE TELA.
PRECIOSAS!!!!
SALUDITOS