Saturday 6 September 2008

Wedding Shoes, Part 2

Thank you so much for the lovely comments you left, and so encouraging too. You made me take a fresh look at my little project and realise that the shoes, did look good, they just weren't the right shade.
So I've set about them again, well actually I've put that many layers of dye on, that I wouldn't be surprised if the glue disintegrated and the soles fell off!
I decided that they were too bright peacocky, blue and needed to be more sea green. Unfortunately I only have one blue, one green, two yellows and a black fabric dye, but I got to work mixing a little of this and a bit of that, gingerly adding some black to dull everything down.



They're not a perfect match, but they're a darn sight better than anything in the shops. Anyway I daren't put any more dye on so this is the colour they'll have to stay, that's providing that I can 'set' the colour. I asked Lesley over at Lesley's Creations how I should go about this, as ironing them will be a tad difficult. After a bit of a con flab, I decided that I'll start with a hair dryer, then if that hasn't worked try dabbing them with the iron, and as a last resort pop them in an old pillowcase and give them a blast in the tumble dryer!

This photo's not very clear, but you can see I have some sheer green ribbon, that I'm hoping to stitch on to the front of the shoes to tone down the lime green sections a little. Watch this space!

3 comments:

Joanne said...

I think they look fab and they are a one of designer shoe, people will probabaaly think you've paid a fortune for the.

Unknown said...

I think they look brilliant, and I agree with Joanne, people wil think you paid a fortune for them.
Rosie x

Pauline said...

WOW!!! Brilliant! I've often thought of doing something like this and after seeing your work, I will give it a try.