Friday 29 May 2015

Exhibition Time!

Gosh! It's only one more sleep until my exhibition!
I say 'my' exhibition but it's not really. The lovely and very talented artist Sue Godden asked me if I'd like to share her exhibition as we both create animal pictures which would compliment each other nicely. Mine as you know are made from wet felted wool and Sue's are pastel drawings.
Beautiful, isn't he?
The exhibition is called Natural Magic and it's on at the Station, Richmond, North Yorkshire for a couple of weeks.
So today has been a day of glass polishing, labelling and wrapping. I know this sounds silly but I forget quite how big my work is. It's only when I'm fighting with huge sheets of bubble wrap and heavy pictures that I think maybe I should try and work on a bit smaller scale.
This is 'Fox'. 
I think he's rather a handsome chap. Let's hope somebody else does and whisks him away to new home. 
If they don't I shall send him to Harrogate as I'm also taking part in an exhibition there for most of June into July. A handful of my works will be at the Bath House at the RHS Harlow Carr Gardens in their Summer Art Exhibition run by Just Makers. 

This one is that big that I can't even see over the top of it! 

More glass polishing!

There has been a bit of card packing too. 
Well I better say good night as I've got a lot of lifting and hanging to do tomorrow. Oh! I nearly forgot... We'll be doing a 'meet the artist day' on Saturday 6th June at Richmond Station so if you're popping to the cinema or catching a bite to eat don't forget to look for us and say hello.
So till next time
love Fi x

11 comments:

Elderberry-Rob said...

Good luck with your exhibition - your colleague's pastels are indeed a great compliment to your felts - I think Mr Fox will be rehomed very quickly. I have watched your progress unfold with admiration (and envy!) all your hard work from small beginnings on that kitchen table to public exhibitions has now gained you much deserved recognition. Betty :D

Granny's Button Box said...

Good luck with the exhibition Fi. Love the squiggle especially his tail, keep expecting him to flick it about. Hopefully I will get up to Richmond to see him before he is snapped up. Take care, Sharon x

Mokki said...

It's a shame I don't live nearer, I'd love to see your work in real life. :) I hope your exhibition goes well.

Twiglet said...

Best of luck with it all Fi. x Jo

Marty said...

A winning combination of two unique talents -- truly "Natural Magic!" Much luck to you with the exhibition.

Marty said...

A winning combination of two unique talents -- truly "Natural Magic!" Much luck to you with the exhibition.

Susan Smith said...

Lovely Fi, and do hope all went well for the weekend. Take care.

Devon said...

Your work is just beautiful.. I love the bright colors and artistry. I wish I lived close enough to see it in person. Enjoy your exhibition!

... Bimbi said...

Their almost popping out of the screen - so life like! Brilliant.

Good Luck
Bimbi x

Anonymous said...

That is going to be a sstunning exhibition, your work and Sue's complement each other perfectly. I wish I could get up there to see it. That squirrel fairly jumps off the page.

BumbleVee said...

I've come from Twiglet's blog to check out your work...not that I haven't been here before ....but, must say how amazing the eyes are ....just look round, shiny and .... real......so like an eye... and I love eyes.....