Wednesday 6 May 2015

Cushion Love

Hello from the hills!
It was a bit blustery and very fresh but well worth the climb! Only joking we drove up in the car, lol. This is the view from the Buttertubs Pass looking down at the valley. 
We had a little ride up to a small viewing area after dropping our daughter off at our local train station. Would you like to see that too? It's very pretty, well for a train station anyway. Here it is.
Small but perfectly formed. Very pretty and remote, surrounded by nothing but hills and moorland. Beautiful in the sunshine but on a stormy winters evening it's more Wuthering Heights, burrrr!

Back indoors and I've been busy stitching away on my sewing machine. I've been making  more cushion covers, this time with digital prints from some new felted wool pictures. 
You can't tell from the photo but these are printed onto faux suede fabric and feel lovely and... well... suede-y. 
The backs are also a faux suede fabric in a neutral colour and all of it washable too. I sound very smug don't I? Well I can tell you ladies...I certainly don't feel smug when I'm sewing them, I don't find it a very easy fabric to work with at all. It kind of sticks to the cutting mat and won't slide into position. I wouldn't say it frays but long clingy strands come off when your cutting it but...when you touch the finished piece, if feels luuuverly!
And just to give you an idea of size here I am trying to balance on the kitchen table while holding a cushion in one hand and taking a picture in the mirror with my phone in the other, at the same time trying to look relaxed as if I do this all the time.
These cushions, along with a few previous designs are now available in my Etsy Shop.

Till next time.

love Fi x



6 comments:

Elderberry-Rob said...

They are fabulous, I just took a look at your Etsy shop too - they look so nice made up as cushions and are well timed as right on trend. I hope they really take off and make you rich and famous! I guess you are going to reach the point where you have to consider whether to have them produced for you by elves as your little fingers will be worn to shreds! Good luck with your growing business, Betty.

Susan Smith said...

Lovely Fi, that means I might be able to purchase one at some time. Your work is just so beautiful and this is evidently another adventure, so wish you lots of luck with it. Take care.

Anonymous said...

They are gorgeous, truly gorgeous. Good luck for this enterprise.

Virginia said...

Well done! They look gorgeous. I know what you mean about that fabric being hard to work with (but I might have used a much ruder word!) I found a lowered pressure on the sewing machine foot helped with sewing them... have you tried that?

Virginia said...

Well done! They look gorgeous. I know what you mean about that fabric being hard to work with (but I might have used a much ruder word!) I found a lowered pressure on the sewing machine foot helped with sewing them... have you tried that?

MarmaladeRose said...

Thanks Virginia, I'll give it a try. I changed to a walking foot and that seemed better.