Sunday 3 June 2012

Crochet Stones

 Hello all, from the Dale in the Shire in the Land in the Kingdom. I like the sound of that. Without all the bits that come first (Wensley, York, Eng, United) it sounds rather magical. And magical it has been in the recent sunshine.
 This is pretty much what its all about here in the Dale. Sheep, stone, hills and streams. As you can see we're  surrounded by sheep, stone, hills and streams. Not much else for miles really. Perfect!
 Whats a girl to do but absorb herself in her natural surroundings. 
 And how addictive decorating each little piece of nature is!
 Time consuming but addictive.
 And imagine my delight today when my July copy of Country Living arrived and there on page 64, I spied a couple of crochet stones in amongst the treasures on jeweller Emma Mitchell's inspiration table.
Not like me to be so 'on trend'! lol.
Thank you for all the 'Forge' love. (Previous post)
Till next time
love Fi x
Edited to add.... Hi Tracy the crochet is not gathered under the stones but crocheted to fit each stone exactly, believe me a lot of frogging goes on, lol. It's just a matter of trial and error for each one.

14 comments:

Noelle the dreamer said...

I am still laughing at your description of the Shire in the Land...Lovely and so much more...magical!
Did you take the photos? I think I am homesick!
Dashing to finish the scones (must celebrate the Jubilee even if thousands of miles away!)
A big hello from the Pacific NW coast (and yes, I am proudly displaying my brooch!)

Little Blue Mouse said...

Those little clouds in the first photo look like they're skipping over the hills!

Roxanne said...

I love your crocheted stones. Will have to try those myself.

Kris said...

So...so pretty!!
Kris

Tracy said...

Beautiful photos what a wonderful place to live, your crochet stones are super are they crochet rounds gathered at the underneath or is there a special technique? Thanks

Shortbread and Ginger said...

Love your photos.
Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

The Weaver of Grass said...

I noticed those stones in my copy of Country Living too Fiona. Hope they sell well, they are really attractive.

Sam I Am...... said...

Who would have dreamt it? At first I thought it was going to be like the Stone Soup story but no...you REALLY crocheted over stones! Amazing! I love it but not sure I could crochet that good. I've never used thread and I definitely not creative. But so glad someone is and that someone is YOU! Congrats, they're just super!
I love your countryside...I think I could be very happy there with sheep and stones and your kingdom!

Ash said...

Go girl!! What was that you were saying about not connecting with where you live!!! Hah!! Fibber...:-)

Carol said...

Beautiful, they are addictive! I covered some stones a while ago after seeing some on on Margaret Oomen's blog http://www.purlbee.com/little-urchin-crochet-covered/ and then managed to buy an old copy of Crochet Today from Ebay featuring her designs.
Country Living arrived on Saturday, haven't looked at it yet so will be 'stone spotting'
Carol xx

Poppins Creations said...

What a wonderful description of Yorkshire :)
I love the crochet stones!
Are you enjoying the Jubilee? Did you have a street party down your way?

I'm having a giveaway on my blog if you'd like to enter, and please share if you know anyone else who would like to enter.

Hannah x

mags said...

Absolutely love your crochet stones - very artistic - so creative - I like the juxtaposition of the stone with the wool. I would never have thought of this.

The Fairy Glade said...

They look lovely en-masse I think. NO idea how you even begin something like this and to be able to make it up as you go along...that makes you a genius ion my world! Dev x

pam said...

As is always the case when i visit, you delight and inspire! And these are no exception.

I am still only learning to get my first stitches on the hook so it is going to be a while before i am ready for all that "frogging"! But a girl can dream.