Sunday 10 January 2010

Hello, glad you could pop by. Yesterdays drawstring bag just wasn't right so I took my trusty rotary cutter to it. I was going to say 'snip, snip' but that's not right is it? Do you know, I'm not sure what noise a rotary cutter makes. Anyway off it came... the bottom of the bag.
A little bit of stitchery pokery and Hey Presto! Much better don't you think? Makes you focus more on the embroidery.

I don't know about you, but I like to keep a sketch book. It's nothing special but I kind of use it to empty my brain into when I'm sewing. I have a terrible memory so I make notes when I'm sewing. You know the kind of thing, measurements, what I did, how I did it, mostly sketches and little plans. Can't usually understand a thing when I look back at them but I do it anyway!

The rest of todays sewing was utility. A lovely pair of cords that needed taking up. Yeah I know really exciting but it had to be done.

Action shot!

Next project...
.
Anyone else fancy joining me with my New Years Resolution ? I'll tell you who's going to be joining me and needing your support and encouragement and a little virtual prodding next time.


Fi x


9 comments:

jennifer said...

I think it looks really good now, I love the embroidery. I would love to join you, but I have to pull out my machine and set it up on the kitchen table every time I want to sew anything. Set up and take down take a good ten minutes and I can't leave it up as we have meals and snacks with six of us around the table. Now if you considered cooking, crochet etc, then I could definitely pull 20 minutes off. Maybe when the little ones aren't quite so little. I bet you must feel so great at how much stuff you are getting done, and what a great idea to keep a notebook.

Rubyred said...

It looks absolutely gorgeous hanging at the end of the bed!
The sketchbook thing is a good idea! Sometimes my brain feels like a conveyer belt goiong round and round with ideas flying off here and there!
Have a great week!
Rachel x

Marigold Jam said...

That's better! Love it. I am with you for 20 minutes creativity or stitching each day - mine will include scrapbooking or paper crafts as well as yarn craft and stitching - is that OK?

Finished my little crazy piece yesterday - am so glad you suggested this idea!

Jane

Serenata said...

Yes the bag does look much better now! You do have a good eye. As to your sketch book - that looks pretty good as well, especially the little bag in the corner. If I'd tried to draw a little bag like that well.... it would be unrecognisable!

Lululiz said...

Oh yes, much better. The fabric picks up the colours of the embroidery really nicely.

Lyn said...

I like your sketchbook for you projects idea. I dug out my half used sketchbooks yesterday so will get started today on my resolution!
Love
Lyn
xxx

Twiglet said...

Love the little bag and I agree the check fabric sets off the embroidery. I am keeping up the sew each day plan but it seems to be sew and upcycle each day! I have revamped curtains for my nephew and made fingerless mits from jumper sleeve ends!!!

The Weaver of Grass said...

Yes I agree about the bag being better with less checked material Fi. Thanks for the link - I made a little drawstring bag - very neat and easy - lovely pattern, shall now enlarge it. Shall put it on my blog and give you a mention.

Anonymous said...

I didn't think the checked fabric taking up half of the bag was a big deal as I really loved it anyway. BUT now you have gone snip snip I can see you were 100% right and it does look even more fab!