Sunday 3 January 2010

Hello Fresh New Year

Hello and Happy New Year.
Yes the Christmas festivities are over and done with and a lovely time was had by all.
The new year has arrived and I feel very positive. I'm certainly looking forward to 2010 and hoping for the best.
.
The photos below are from New Years Day. A brisk bracing walk in the snow.
We had guests staying over for new year

which made it all the more fun.

Plenty of snowy hills for sledging here in the North.
This one was the teens choice. Maybe it was the risk of ending up in the stream at the bottom that gave it the edge!

Plenty of squeeze gates too. So named because they are veeeeery narrow and you have to squeeze through them. The idea being that sheep don't do squeezing.

Neither does our guests dog!

A rather large Golden Doodle!
Hmmm! One too many treats me thinks.

Aaaaah....that's more like it.

Travel in style.

And today,

Still lots of the white stuff.
I hope you'll pop back now and again throughout 2010.
I'd love to hear from you.
Till next time.
Fi x


17 comments:

Charlotte said...

Hi! I've been a regular reader but never commented...it's my Resolution to comment on blogs I read...anyway, I love these photos! The dog is adorable!

Cheers!
lottie

Jennifer said...

What a fun walk. Glad your time was fun and can't wait to see what you get up to this year.

Karmen said...

Are you sure it's not a polar-doodle or a labra-bear? Adorable! And so sweet how the kids helped him through the squeeze gate. Karmen

Rubyred said...

Happy New Year!
That looks like a very invigorating walk!
What a lovely looking dog!
Rachel x

The Weaver of Grass said...

Don't know about the Doodle Fiona - I have difficulty getting through the stiles on our land - probably the size of my hips!

Sarah said...

Happy New Year! Love the photo's - the dog is so cute.
x

Lululiz said...

Love your doggie!!! And I am very envious of all your lovely snow, sigh, we only got a few flakes down here and that was it. No snowball fights, no snowmen, zip, silch. Ah well, I'll just look at your lovely photos and imagine myself being there.

Rinkly Rimes said...

The shots of the great woolly dog trying to squeeze through the gate are gorgeous. But you can keep your snow!

Anonymous said...

Ha ha, I think Id be baulking at those gates myself and why not get carried through, hes obviously a very clever dog, lol.
Love, love love ur photo's......
And all the best for the year ahead, am looking forward to seeing where it takes us.
Tracey x

Annalisa said...

Lovely post!Your dog is adorable!
Happy New Year!
Annalisa

KC'sCourt! said...

What an adorable dog - what's he/she called

Ester Kiely said...

Very icy (more than snowy) here in the West of Ireland too. Seems we all do the same stuff. Take photos of Christmas baubles and bring the dog for a walk on New Year's day! Like everyone else....I'm very smitten with your friends' dog...he's gorgeous!

Anne said...

Happy New Year to you, Fi. Let's hope it's a good one! :o)

Fab photos. Loved the dog - although I bet he/she was a bit of a soggy doggy when he came in from his walk!

wonderwoman said...

lovely pics - especially the gorgeous hound!!!

xx

lynn said...

squeeze gates??? maybe we should install these in our houses BEFORE the xmas binging..love the photos as always hugs from across the pond sweltering in 40 degrees..pheww!!

Twiglet said...

Just found your blog and glimpsed all your lovely crafts and then got quite nostalgic about Wensleydale which was one of our favourite places when we lived in Yorkshire! I will be back for a better look at your blog soon.

Annie said...

The dog photos are fantastic, they really made me smile. Happy New Year
Ann x