Tuesday 22 September 2009

Fancy a Cuppa?


Hi all. I've just made a cuppa, do you fancy one?
This is the tea corner.
Everyone has one, don't they?
A designated tea and coffee corner.
The teabags still doing its thing in the mug, so I'm stood waiting for it. (Please excuse the old, used teabags in the brown pot!) Gosh its a bit dark and gloomy here today. I've had to put the lamp on to see what I'm doing!

Look! Gloomy, gloomy, gloomy!
.
Lets have a look at something a bit more cheerful.

This is my knitting basket.
Full of crochet!
Would you like to take a peek the 'accidental blanket'

Here it is.
It's called the 'accidental blanket' because I started it accidentally whilst teaching a friend how to crochet. I had no intention of making another blanket. Well you know how it is. I had the yarn and the hooks out showing her what to do... and then I needed something to keep me calm on the 4 hour car journey to my brothers house the next day... and Bobs your uncle I was hooked. (Excuse the pun) I think it's the rhythm, you just can't stop. Before you know it that yarn is wrapped around your hook again! So I'm making it up as I go along. No plan. Just doing!

Look at this.
Child #2 is home from school.
Straight to the 'hot chocolate' corner!
She doesn't know I've taken this photo.
So I'll be trouble when she finds out! Teehee!

15 comments:

Hen said...

I'm loving that vintage kitchen cupboard painted pink. Blanket looks great too. I don't actually have a tea and coffee corner as I can't stand either. I feel left out now though..!
Hen xxx

Karen Peacock said...

Hya Fi, you've moved your kitchen around, it looks all different but your cupboard looks ace, you can see it better there. I really fancy a cuppa, any chance? Karen PS glad you like the shop one xx

Lululiz said...

Gosh, I wish I had accidents like that, the blanket is great!

Unknown said...

What a lovely kitchen you have. The cuppa is great, but I'm eyeing that great looking pink tea kettle. Wonderful

Now, onto the blankie. Absolutely devine. The border is great. I just finish my border on a ripple last night and posted. Now, I'm feeling like to need to do more.

What a heavenly blog you shared today. Thanks

Diane said...

I have a "Beverage corner - I'd love a proper coffee maker like they have in cafe's. My fave beveridge at the moment is Red Bush tea. Lovin the accidental blanket. xx

Suzy's Vintage Attic said...

That pink kitchen dresser looks lovely! The crochet looks great, I love the chosen colours!
Isabelle x

Marmalade Yarns said...

love the green crochet!nice to see a round granny middle!, love maxine

Sarah said...

Love the shelf trim - do you mind me asking where you got it from? - I've wanted some for ages!

noelle said...

the blanket looks lovely,really nice colours and yes i'll join you for tea please!

Serenata said...

What a perfect post - starts with a cup of tea, peruses your lovely kitchen and dining room and finishes with a gorgeous crochet blanket and a surprise picture of your daughter!

A Thrifty Mrs said...

Cute little corner of your house.

Anonymous said...

Yes please Ma'm I'll have a cuppa, 2 sugar's for me, and ill partake in ur bikkie jar if its full, lol.
I"m not the world's greatest crocheter but i know how addctive it can be....and Candid shots are great until they discover where you put them, I'm always in trouble........MOM !!!!!
Tracey xox

lynn said...

i'll have a cuppa thanks ..maybe oneday..
i could do gloomy ..maybe for a day or so..my kids still talk about coming in from school..dark at 3 o'clock..and lying in front of the open fire watching tv.and drinking hot chocolate with a marshmallow or two on top...sigh...sigh...sigh..lynnie

Joan said...

The cushions are just so adorable and the embroidery divine. Love the photographs.

The Weaver of Grass said...

One of these days I shall call in on your for a cup of that tea.