Wednesday 1 October 2008

A Very Special Day.




Today is a very special day.



Today my wonderful man and I celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary.



I know what you're thinking and yes I was a child bride! (well almost)

I am so lucky to have found such a wonderful man to share my life with. I have two friends who have recently lost their partners. Both similar age to me, one who's husband tragically died a few weeks ago leaving 3 children and the other who's partner of many years ended the relationship a few months ago. I think of these two lovely ladies and I am sooo thankful for what I have.

We're sat here together on the sofa while he works from home today. He with his laptop and me with mine in companionable silence. Manky cat is curled up in front of the fire, sneaky dog is woofing in her sleep, paws twitching back and forth. Five more minutes and the children will come bursting through the front door from school.
I am so happy.

I found this little passage to write in the card I gave him. They're not my words but they squeezed my heart when I read them, so I figured that was the next best thing.

Whenever I look into your eyes I see all that love has to give: passion, peace, compassion, desire, trust and respect. You are always within me where ever I go. Forever soul mates for life, husband and wife.

Thank you Darling for sharing your life with me. x

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy anniversary you loved up couple - sorry I didn't realise! Will e-mail you a reply from work soon. Lots of love for your special day! Sam XXXXXXX

Anonymous said...

BON ANNIVERSAIRE ET BELLE ET DOUCE VIE ENTOUREE DE VOTRE MARI ET DE VOS ENFANTS

MARIE CLAUDE

Mrs J said...

Hi Fiona, First of all - Happy Anniversary!
Thanks for your comment and e-mail - it's good to be in contact at last! Have just been speaking to Lesley and have come up with this months challenge so will be e-mailing you later with it! Hope you like!!
Sarah x

Sal said...

That is so lovely!! May you have many years more,happy together!;-)

Suzie Sews At DOTTY RED said...

happy anniversary, the two lap tops made me smile...

LinenandRoses said...

Hope you had a lovely anniversary and congratulations on 20 years. I love that quote. We're getting married in March and looking for a second reading for our civil ceremony having already found one lovely one. I'm wondering if the one you've quoted is too short to read out. If so I think my husband to be may be getting something with this written on. Maybe a bit of framed embroidery. Hmmm, would a man appreciate that?