Sunday 27 April 2014

The Designer Maker Market

 Hello all. I thought I'd take you along to the Designer Maker Market in Barnard Castle. Fancy it? Good lets go.
 It was an early start on Good Friday morning but a beautiful one. We've set off from home and are heading to Barnard Castle in County Durham.
 Onwards to the A66 and ...
about an hour later we are entering Barnard Castle.
 Isn't this wonderful? This is the work of a very lovely lady called Leanne Owen who creates fabric taxidermy trophy heads. You can see more of her work here. Everything at the Market has been designed and made by the people selling it. A proper craft fair and we'll be back at The Witham, Barnard Castle to do it all again in November.
 The lovely ladies from Edie Pebble were my delightful neighbours for the two days. They make the most beautiful girly bits and bobs a real feast for the eyes.
There was Berkano Wood  with some interesting and very useful boxes.
 More wood but a very different kind from Margaret Garrard.
 Gorgeous glass from Suzanne Tweddle.
 Some very interesting and unusual paper and botanical items from Branching Out.
Millinery (I love that word) from Kayotique designs. I secretly wanted to try every hat on!
 The most delightful applique and free machine stitched artwork from Stitching for the Soul
There were many more wonderful artisans but unfortunately my photography skills were rather lacking on the day and the pictures didn't turn out very well, so apologies to those I've missed. It was a wonderful two days. Everyone was so friendly and chatty. 
And last but not least...my own little stall. 
The hare picture hopped off to a loving new home on the day and the daisy and field mouse pictures have since gone too but I'll show you some close ups of them next time.  
Well the journey home was just as beautiful as the one going. A big thank you goes out to my Wonderful Man for buying a new car with a huge boot to fit all my craft fair stuff in and for being my right hand man all day. I couldn't do it without him.
We'll be doing it all again in November but I don't think the journey photos will be quite as nice then...just cold and dark! lol.
Till next time
Love Fi x

16 comments:

Noelle the dreamer said...

Your stall featured once more wonderful artwork Fiona! I treasure my little sheep and thatched cottage!
All the best,

Elderberry-Rob said...

Your stall looked fabulous - I love the daisy picture. Congratulations on your success with these fairs, I expect it takes a lot of hard work to set up and remain cheery all day (I imagine everyone wants to touch your work and I would get cross and tell them off!) Betty

Winwick Mum said...

Your stall looked so bright and cheerful, I bet you had loads of visitors! Glad it was worth the visit xx

The Weaver of Grass said...

You seem to be going from strength to strength. Congratulations.

RedSetter said...

Thank you so much for taking us on your trip, I've loved it.

Very annoyed at seeing the fabric taxidermy - I've just finished a crochet one so now I'm going to need to try another kind as well now as you know what a crafting dilettante I am...!

Your stall looked wonderful and the glorious journey in your spacious chariot looks like it set you and the wonderful man up for the day.

Twiglet said...

Looks like it was a perfect day! x Jo

Lorna said...

Your stall looked fabulous, such interesting items. Your pictures are great it looks like it was a great fair.

Anne said...

Beautiful scenery and even more beautiful works of art.

busybusybeejay said...

Beautiful work.Your stall looked lovely.Will you be at Yarndale in September?Barbara

Josie said...

Fantastic, I've just sent myself an email to remind me about November. Bummed I missed this one, but see you next time!

primrosesattic said...

So pleased you did well. Your stall looked great.
Rosezeeta.

Susan Smith said...

Ooh, that looks like my kind of day out and all those so clever people and their crafts. Thanks for sharing. Take care.

Chrys Art Glass said...

Looks like a great day, thanks for sharing. Loved your stall set up.

Handmade and off-centered said...

What a fun time you must have had. Your stall looks great and I cant wait to see more pictures of the field mouse and the daisy. I love your work!

Birgitta xx

Jess said...

Your stall looks beautiful! Thankyou for sharing your trip with us. :)
Jess xx

zooperson said...

Indeed you are going from strength to strength. What beautiful work and your both is so charming. I know the time and effort that goes into what you do so all I can say is Bravo! Well done! Sonja