Monday 13 June 2011

Aaaah...Deep breath in...take in all that lovely fresh air...aaaah.

Hello, I'm stood in the middle of the most beautiful buttercup meadow.
I thought I'd better take a photo quick smart as it won't be long before the farmer comes along to cut the buttercups down, he'll need winter provisions for his animals.

Anyway lets go back to my house as I really am behind with my blog posts, I must have at least 4 or 5 projects that I want to show you. (not all today though, that really would be too much!)

Firstly a bit of colourful crochet.

Can you guess what it is yet? Scrummy isn't it?
I found a picture on the interweb-thingy and just had to have a go.
This is the blog I found the tea cosy on, it's quite simple. I had to do my own thing here and there as my teapot is a different shape, but I just made it up as I went along.
I enjoyed making this so much that when I noticed a friends 'naked' teapot on one of her blog posts I couldn't resist making another.

Next up, lavender hearts.

Twenty to be precise!

A very nice lady from our local posh hotel spotted one in the pretty shop whilst browsing for something else and asked if they could supply 20 to hang in the posh bedroom wardrobes. So with only two evenings to get them made I went into a frenzy of snipping and stitching shortly to be followed by a lavender induced headache. It's mighty powerful stuff in in large quantities over a prolonged time!

I have to tell you I had a bit of a panic when I realised that the fabric pen I use to draw the heart template wouldn't fade in time. There were huge purple heart outlines on every one of them. I had to bite the bullet and soak them all with water to get the ink out, leaving them all to air dry over night in the airing cupboard. This meant I had to fill, stitch up, trim and pack them up, all in an hour and a half early on the morning they were due to be delivered. It was a very close thing I can tell you!


But they did look lovely.

I know it would make me smile to open a wardrobe door and find a pretty, vintage, linen heart dangling inside.


Well thats two projects down, we still have a felt wall hanging to look at, new brooches, new greetings cards and some felted flowers to look at.

Oh! I nearly forgot, I've made some more bunnies too!

We're going to need a serious amount of tea and biscuits!


love Fi x

31 comments:

Angela said...

Your tea cozy is awesome! I so wish I could crochet! Your hearts are beautiful. Very lovely indeed!
Have a wonderful day!
Angela

Little Blue Mouse said...

Those hearts are absolutely gorgeous!

**Anne** said...

You must be exhausted after your rushed lavender heart making session. I find too much lavender gives me a headache too.
Looking forward to seeing you other creations.
Anne xx

Riddlers cottage flowers said...

I think your tea cozy is great, wish I could have made some for open gardens will find pattern and try very hard to make one.Love the heart too!Lesley x

Used-to-Bees said...

Smashing tea cosy, though I think it deserves to be called a tailored-teapot-jacket! And the hearts are gorgeous - I hope the hotel only have 'heavy-fingered' guests... Maybe you could offer to make some for them to sell behind reception?
x

Annie said...

Love the colours of the tea cosy [but I'm a coffee drinker :-) ]
Those hearts are so pretty and how lovely to see them all on mass like that. I shall make a coffee and bring a biscuit for the next post but please write it soon you tease :-)
Hugs,
A x

The Patchwork Heart said...

we crafters are mad things, I can imagine your frenzy having been there! BUT the hearts were worth it they are pure gorgeous as ever, you are very talented Fi!
H x

Twiglet said...

Just gorgeous! And I will enjoy tea and biscuits whilst gazing at your lovely work any time!!

Sandi said...

Lavender is meant to be good for headaches, so that old saying 'too much of a good thing' is true in this case. The hearts are just beautiful and I also would love to open a door and find it there. Your teacosy is lovely, I am thinking I am going to have to crochet one too seeing as how I am flying olong with my blanket. Thank you for that breath of fresh air, just what I needed today, cobwebs and all.
x Sandi

tülin said...

Harika elişleri bunlar.

lemonade kitty said...

I think all wardrobes should have on of your gorgeous lavender hearts hanging in it. Loving the tea cosy I might just have a wonder over and take a peek at the pattern, such pretty colours too, Lucey x

Lululiz said...

Congrats on getting such a lovely order for the lavender hearts, they are such pretty little things. Love the teacosy as well, I really ought to give one a go one of these days.

Caroline Lovis (Redneedle) said...

Those hearts are just delicious I know what you mean about that (non) vanishing pen line. Looking forward to seeing your other projects

Roxanne said...

Love, love, love the tea cozy and hearts!

Allyson said...

That teapot is gorgeous!

greenrabbitdesigns said...

Your lavender hearts are gorgeous Fi! :)

Linnhe Mara said...

Well, those hearts definitely didn't look like a rush job, they looked perfect. My sympathies on your lavender headache, while it doesn't have the same effect on me I find I can't work with rose petals for any length of time before feeling headachy and queasy.

Petunia Pill said...

That tea cozy is way beyond yummy! Sooooo pretty! And your story of the hearts made my stomach feel tight...I've known that stressful feeling in past years...I try to stay as far away from that feeling as possible! It just doesn't feel good. But your hearts are gorgeous! What a delightful creation! x&o, Annette

Shortbread and Ginger said...

How busy you've been - everything is lovely, especially the cosy!
Liz

rozemie said...

I love your tea cosy. I too had the same idea, when I saw it on the blog of Raymond. Mine is in green, cream and brown, to match my kitchen. and now I enjoy a warm cuppa everytime I use it. I just love the granny stich, it is so versatile. Love the lavender sachets too. bye ! Rozemie

Anonymous said...

love the tea cosy,, and the hearts,, beautiful,, I just found you today,,

Sandy aka Doris the Great said...

Cracking post today!

PS - I've never tasted Wensleydale cheese!

Lyn said...

I love both, those hearts especially!
xxx

Planet Penny said...

Love the jolly colours on that teacosy, and I wasn'r surprised when I followed the link and saw where you found the pattern! I remember working for a dried flower farm and spending ahot afternoon in an airless barn hanging bunches of lavender up to dry, I nearly passed out! You little hearts are SO pretty,
Penny x

potterjotter said...

I'm amazed you get the time to go wandering through meadows with all these projects on the go - very gorgeous hearts!

Cheryl said...

If ever I wished that my crocheting skills were more than they are, it is now after seeing your tea cozy. I love the colours.

Did you know that some types of lavender are relaxing while others are meant to invigorate? Might help with your headaches if you ever need to do a mass production again!

Holly said...

I don't know how you found me either but I'm very glad you did! I'm enjoying looking through your posts and I love the tea cosy and those napkin greeting cards are adorable. Thanks for stopping by!

Kris said...

Fi, your tea cozy is darling. I have been wanting to make one myself, but I am not quite as adept at crocheting without a pattern as you! The cards from previous post are absolutely darling. I would so love to find those in a yummy little shop, like the one you described. Have a great day.
Oh...PS...I have made my first batch of lovely fabric bunting! I am loving it!!

Anonymous said...

I am so inspired by your blog!
That crocheted cozy is adorable...I too might just have to give it a go!
And your hearts are darling...I just purchased a large bag of lavander and have been thinking of making sachets to fill with it.....thank you so much for sharing! Glad you got them done on time, although it was a mad dash, they turned out perfectly!



I'm your newest follower!

Ciao Bella!
Drop in sometime, if you'd like to.




CREATIVE CARMELINA

Holly said...

YAY!!! I just became your 600th follower! How exciting is that!? I think I figured out where you found me, I saw Kris comment just after my last comment so you must have found me through her blog. Have a great day!

Helen said...

Those Lavender hearts are GORGEOUS!!