Tuesday 1 February 2011

Lolloping Along

Things here in the MarmaladeRose household are lolloping along at a rare old speed. Well for some of us they are! Others like to take things easy. Can you believe that after 3 unsuccessful attempts at getting on the sofa (she's not allowed) Sneaky Dog winged to go out of the room. I thought she need to go out for a wee but no, she took me over to the furry bean bag in the kitchen and rested her chin on it, meaning 'I want to lay on this!'
So here she is on what is now HER furry beanbag in prime location in front of the fire in the sitting room! Anything for a quiet life.Back to lolloping.
In 3 days time I'm taking part in my first ever craft fair, well actually it's a Vintage and Collectors Fair. By the way, you are all more than welcome. Hence the amount of frantic crafting and lack of blogging of late. (v. sorry)
Yes Friday is D day, and Saturday too as it's over 2 days.
This is a new fair and monthly booking have been made throughout the rest of the year.

So these are my little vintage style brooches; see everything I'm making has a vintage vibe as I don't have anything collectible to sell only my vintage embroidered linens. Is it all slotting into place now?
Good.

This one is my favourite.

Lots of hand stitching.
But back to lolloping...

Hmmmm can you smell it?
I've been making my own bread for the last 2 or 3 months the old fashioned way by hand.
Needless to say I've been eating most of it too.
With lots of real butter.
Well it would be a crime to put anything else on homemade bread wouldn't it!
Back to life lolloping along...
Sneaky dog knows when we're out on a walk she's not allowed through the squeeze gates before me but she just can't help herself. If only you could watch her trying back out of the tiny opening, turn on that narrow top step and then squeeze back past me coming up the steps, it's soooo funny.


.
Back to life-a-lolloping

Special events have taken place.
Where does the time go?


#2 decorated the cake, would you believe her first time with the piping bag!
We think she did an excellent job. Hmmm...who's birthday is it next?
.
loll op, loll op,

much stitching of... bunny ears
hoppity lollop.

More Springtime bags...

still with a vintage vibe.
limp, limp, lollop.

And lastly...
Hens... getting a bit to daring for their own good.
They've decided to wait in the porch at the back door for us now.
Luckily I spotted them just before I let Sneaky out!
Sneaky would like a hen!
.
Yep, life's lolloping along at a rare old speed.
till next time.
fi x


29 comments:

Annie Jeffries said...

I love the heart with the pink button. So feminine and fussy. Wishing you loads of success at your first sale.

The bread smells divine even all the way here to Californina. I need to take down my bread machine. Yes - bread machine. I would be totally hopeless for doing this by hand.

Love the old napkins. I see them in lots of different places and never know what to do with them so I don't get them. So pretty though. I really need to put on my thinking cap.

Rachael @ CleverCheshireCats said...

That last heart is so beautiful, I love the colour of the buttons and the Springtime bags are amazing. I'd really love one of those for myself. Rachael Xx

- said...

So much to see. I love the Springtime bags. They will be a big hit at the craft fair/sale. Good luck and have loads of fun. The brooches are so sweet too.

Sweet Birdy Love said...

Hey Fi, you have been busy and you are going to be busy, a monthly fair..............

Love your new brooches a great idea, they should go down a treat.

Sharp intake of breath when I saw your new bags, particularly the red one, they are just gorgeous.

Home made bread, delish, just as well I don't make any or I would be eating it too, with lashings of butter!
Well done no. 2 on the cake deco. looks yummy. There'll be no stopping her now.......

Love the bunting and yes, I know how hard it is to take a decent photo of it outside.

Sneaky Dog looks very much at home on the furry bean bag.

All the very best for the market coming up, I'm sure you'll sell loads of lovely things.

Claire :}

Lori Lynn said...

Your little brooches are adorable!! And that bread looks good enough to eat! LOL!
*´¨)
¸.*´¸.**´¨) ¸.**´¨)
(¸.*´ (¸.*´* Lori Lynn *

Unknown said...

It all sounds like wonderfull fun!
Your dog is very cute, reminds me of m little terror of a dog, (she is a terrior, but i did mean terror!)
Your little vintage broches are super gorgoues! I bet they will sell very well!
x

Marigold Jam said...

What a lovely post! Love your little hearts and that dog is a cutie. I too only use real butter on my home made bread or even on the loaves I buy from an old fashioned baker at the market. Good luck with the Vintage Fair - I am sure your stall will be a sell out with those beautiful makes and those lovely bags to put it all in!

Jane

Annie said...

Wow. I wish I was so productive when I was lolloping. Really love the vintage hearts and would love to join you at the craft fair but alas a little too far :-(
A x

Riddlers cottage flowers said...

Lovely post lots going on.Love your dog what are they like.Good luck at the sale.

KC'sCourt! said...

Dogs are very clever! I love your brooches
Julie xxxxxx

♥ emma bear forever ♥ said...

You have been a busy bee. Lovely makes, what a great idea with the napkins. I shall have to keep an eye out for them in the CS shops x

Anonymous said...

I wish I lived closer as I would love to pop along to the craft fair, but alas it is too far away! Hope you have fun. Love the little brooches btw. :o)

The Fairy Glade said...

Wish all these wonderful craft fairs I keep hearing about in blogs were nearer. I particulalry like the bunting, such a good idea. Pretty brooches too. Hope you have a successful couple of days. dev x

Janice said...

Wow! No wonder you haven't had much time for blogging. You have made some gorgeous bits and bobs for your stall. Would it be possible to let me know the dates for June and July. We will be visiting the UK and it would be fabulous if we were in your area at the right time and could call in at the markets.

Sandi said...

Rare old speed indeed, you make me feel quite giddy. I must recharge my battery as I am as slow as a snail here. Love everything, have lots and lots of fun at your fair.
x Sandi

Twiglet said...

I love your lollopy blog - all so beautiful! Good luck with the craft fair - if only we were a bit closer Wipso and I would pay you a visit.

melanie said...

lol, dogs do the funniest things :) We tried zand tried to keep our two off the settee, but they gave us those doe eyes, and we could not resist :)
Love your vintage brooches, good luck at the fair :) xxx

French Nanny said...

Love the brooches AND the bags! Hope you get lots of lovely buyers at the fair and are not too tempted to spend all the dosh at other stalls!

The Weaver of Grass said...

Just might pop along to see you at the Craft Fair on Saturday if the farmer is free, although as the Hunt are coming through he probably wont be. Good luck anyway.

Maggie Ann said...

A delightful post! Your brooches are so pretty...I'm sure you will have a wonderful time at the craft fair. Your bread looks yummy, and you've got a very happy Sneaky Dog there..=) I love the cake...wow, she did a great job! And the bunting is very feminine....just the thing to add to a bedroom. Have a nice day....as you craft away the hours...smile

sylviesgarden said...

Blimey, you've been a busy bee! I LOVE the hearts, they are so pretty. Also loving the bunting, it's a great idea for using less than perfect hankies.
I just want to pick up sneaky dog and give her a big hug.
x

sue said...

How busy are you! And such gorgeousness too, hope you have a fantastic time at the craft fair good luck I'm sur your lovelies will fly off the shelves :o)

Serenata said...

You have been very busy, the heart brooches are gorgeous and I absolutely love the blue spring bag, it is perfect, but then I would think that wouldn't I?! ;-)

Happy Birthday to your son, and great cake No. 2 made.

Anonymous said...

Wow! Everything is made with such loving care. The bags are just gorgeous and the brooches......well what more can I say. I bet you will be a great success!

Tea with Prudence said...

I love the spring time bags - did you embroider the embroidered bit?

I actually got around to doing your crochet coathanger tutorial - it is now my favourite coathanger.

Good luck at the fair,

Cheers
Fi

Karin Alton said...

How on earth do you find the time to make all these things? Do you live in a different time stream to the rest of us? Love the hearts, just in time for Valentines day!

Karin x

sylviesgarden said...

Hello, would you please accept the Stylish Blogger Award? As you know, I love your blog and would be honoured if you would accept.
x

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous things - I think I love the bags the best, but the bunting is gorgeous too, and the brooches. I wish you great success with your craft fair. I only wish I was a bit nearer Hawes to come and check it out!

Teje said...

Hello! Ooooh - even your chickens are so colourful and lovely!
You have made so beautiful vintage crafts! I love always your bag-creations!
I'm happy to see that your sweet dog found so comfortable bed!
I'm sure you find many unique ways to use old napkins! I'm thinking a wall-quilt with old napkins and pillow cases.
Have a lovely week! Teje