Saturday, 22 March 2008

Weather it will, or weather it won't!

I wish the weather would make up it's mind. Yesterday this was the view from my front bedroom window. Rather stunning wouldn't you say, well that's if you just concentrate on the top half of the picture!

Today this is the view from back of the house, or rather the lack of it! Horizontal snow.

And then a couple of moments later...

We have the hill back!

I suppose really its quite exciting, not knowing from one moment to the next what you're going to get. Never a dull moment eh?

This is last weekends charity shop buy! It was a fire screen, but with a little modification ( a hacksaw and a hammer!) it's now a beautiful embroidered picture hanging on my kitchen wall. I'm afraid the photo is not very clear, as I'm hopeless with a camera. I know I only have to point and press a button, but it all manages to go horribly wrong in that split second! In case you can't make it out, it's a crinoline lady, sweeping up a garden path, under a rose arbour next to an ornamental pond. There'll be no charity shopping this weekend as we don't want to risk getting stuck in a blizzard half way up the Dale!


Happy Easter to you all.

1 comment:

Alison Boon said...

whether we like it or not. Hope you had a fab Easter despite the weather, or lack of.
Love the Crochet bunny