Tuesday, 26 November 2013

Furry Feltings and Photography.


Golly! Look at this two posts in as many days, don't faint dear reader.
Do you remember this...my little Field Mouse felt.
Actually he's not so little. He measures about 3 foot square!
As does Mr Fox here. Both took up all of my kitchen table while I was wet felting them.
This is the photo I used, not a bad likeness though I say so myself, lol.
Well it's been a long time coming and the road has not always been straight forward but I've finally taken the plunge and had a handful of prints made!
 What do you think?
They are art quality Giclee prints measuring 12" square. Here they are shown in 16" mounts. 
Hmmm...do you think they'd be nice in a childs bedroom, they certainly look nice in my work room, teehee.
Anyway if any of you lovely people out there are stuck for a Christmas gift and think one of these might be just the ticket feel free to email me at
fiona@marmaladerose.co.uk
They are £30 each but I'm not sure how much the postage would be at the mo. They would probably be safer posted rolled in a tube without the mount. I shall have a bimble down to our village post office and see what the options are.

till next time
love Fi x



8 comments:

Betty said...

Good idea - You are not only a very good artist but also a very successful business woman Fi, just look back over the last year at how your business has evolved and how your creations have got bolder - I wish you lots of success. Betty

The Weaver of Grass said...

These are beautiful Fiona. I wish I had grandchildren young enough to appreciate on on the wall.

Susan Smith said...

They are absolutely beautiful Fi and if I lived in UK, I just may think about one of those prints, but I'm sure They'll be snapped up quickly and you'll have some success with them. Take care.

Jacqui Galloway said...

Love them. Good luck with the sales. Jacqui

Winwick Mum said...

They're beautiful and I think will be treasured on any wall. The downside of having our house converted to open plan is the lack of wall-space for pictures now but I can still admire them on your blog! x

Twiglet said...

I love them both but the mouse is my favourite. The prints are a great idea. x Jo

Claire said...

The prints look great Fi and Mr. Fox is a brilliant likeness to the photo. Certainly alot of work involved in making them......
Wishing you lots of success with your new venture.

Claire x

The Vintage Folk Painter said...

Hi Fi,
The prints are a great idea. Your work is so absolutely breathtaking and deserves to be spread around!

Love, love, love the field mouse.

cheers
Fi