Thursday, 6 June 2013

Sylvie's bag.

More felting, are you bored with it yet?
 This felt bag was a birthday gift for my lovely friend Sylvie from her children. 
 She especially requested subdued colours. Here is the wool all laid out before felting with the soapy water.
 You can see how lofty and fluffy the soft Merino wool is before it gets wet.
 Here it is after felting and still a bit soggy. The row of flowers across the top will become the handles. A lot of it will be cut off and it sometimes feels like a lot of work just for a couple of inches width to make handles but hey-ho that's the way it is.
 Once the felt has dried, I set about embroidering it first on the sewing machine and then by hand.
 Here is the finished piece of embroidered felt. I love the colour graduation from top to bottom.
 I like the fact that I can produce a piece of fabric to my own design with my own colour choices.
 Snip, snip, snip all cut up into the pattern pieces ready to make...
 a pretty, light weight hand bag,
 and the reverse. 
Smiley face from me,
and there was a big smiley face and a kiss from Sylvie. 

Till next time
Love Fi x

21 comments:

silverpebble said...

Oh how beautiful!

bonzogirl said...

Deeeeeeeelish!

Annie said...

And a big smiley back at you. This is such a pretty purse. Lucky Sylvie has a real treasure to keep and pass along.

Vlaďka Cepáková said...

No, no! I´m not bored with your felting. It is beautiful and original. I love it. Have a nice day!

Pearly Queen said...

Very pretty - your work goes from strength to strength...

Penny
x

Mad about Craft said...

Beautiful! You are very talented.

Annie said...

That really is beautiful Fi. I'm sure your work improves with every one you make.
Hugs,
Annie x

Susan Smith said...

That is sensational and yes you could say all your work is unique.

alisonb2 said...

I could never be bored with your creativity! Beautiful!Smiley faces alround I think.

Noelle the dreamer said...

Fiona, I am always in awe of your many talents!
Thank you for the preview!

The Weaver of Grass said...

Fiona - I never cease to be amazed how far you have come in this. That felt is so beautiful and you seem to be going from strength to strength. Glad to see you have a cup of coffee on that work table.

Twiglet said...

You make it sound effortless and I know it's far from it!! You just have a knack for creating beautiful things with your felting Fi. x Jo

The Faerie Factory said...

Absolutely stunning such wonderful colours ... Sarah x

Deborah W said...

How can we be bored with such wonderful creations to savour? You are such an inspiration, Fiona. What a lucky friend to have one of your creations.

Wendy said...

this is beautiful, you are so inspiring

Highland Monkey's said...

Gorgeous bag, bet it will get lots of compliments when it's taken out and about.

Elizabeth Musgrave said...

That is stunning. I have ever tried felting and have no time to add anything to what I do, pressed as I am by the demands of sick parents. And yet ...

Carol said...

How could we ever get bored with such lovely creations!? A beautiful bag, what a lucky lady.
Have a lovely weekend. Carol xx

susie said...

Hi Fiona,
This bag is G-O-R-G-E-O-U-S !!!!!!
You have a BEAUTIFUL blog.
I've seen many of your creations .. WAUW !!!
I'm your next follower :)
Have a nice evening ..

Little Blue Mouse said...

That is gorgeous!

Linda said...

Your work is breathtakingly beautiful!