Sunday, 3 February 2013

Sharing the felty goodness.

Don't you just want to dive in! All that scrummy, felty, woolly goodness! Look at the sheen on that brown merino wool, delicious!
This my lovely friends is a felt workshop that I taught at the Chapel Gallery a couple of weeks ago.
My ladies brought along an old towel each, I provided the woolly stuff and Anne who owns the gallery provided much needed refreshments and her photographic skills (if it wasn't for Anne snapping away, I'd having nothing to show you today)
Everyone was keen to get creating.
And after a couple of hours and much soapy rolling...

Half a dozen little Wensleydale Landscapes left the building, still a bit damp and their owners a little rosy cheeked but every one had their very own felt landscape to finish with embroidery at home. 


This one belongs to the lovely Janet, look at tiny hand stitched flowers in the foreground... beautiful. Thank you to all who attended and Anne for the inspirational surroundings, a super afternoon was had by all, especially me. 
To see all 6 pieces under construction and then the finished felts click here.

And here is another landscape. This is a very warm and sunny street in Australia. Yes you guessed! This is where Gilbert the Gnome has gone to live. Thank you Hilary for sending the photo it's so nice to see where my cheeky chap landed. 
Next time I'll be sharing a bit of New Years knitting.
Thank you all for the Gilbert love on my last post and Annie, I cut Gilbert from the felt fabric first and then stitch the felt into a bag, snip, snip, no room for mistakes! No pressure then! lol.

love Fi x

13 comments:

Noelle the dreamer said...

Oh my! I only wish I could have attend such class! You make it look so simple Fiona!
Lovley always to see what you show!

Annie said...

That looks like my sort of class Fi. When you doing one in Shropshire? :-)
I actually couldnt manage the wet felting bit but oh how I would love the embroider one.
So glad you saw that I'd featured Gilbert...I just loved him and knew others would too. :-)
Hugs,
A x

alisonb2 said...

Try again! I wish I lived nearer I would have been there in a flash!It all looks great fun. I've looked on your blog but can't find a how to do post. Can we have an on line class, please? Pretty please!! I just love your work.

Danette said...

Oh Fi!
How I wish I could have been there for your workshop! Can't wait to see your knitted piece off the needles :)))
Happy Day,
Danette

Primroses Attic said...

You are so talented. I love your work. The workshop looks a lot of fun and you get something to take home! A perfect day.
Rosezeeta.

Twiglet said...

I bet that was a brilliant workshop Fi - The results look fab. x Jo

The Vintage Folk Painter said...

I would have LOVED to have been at that workshop Fi - absolutely.

Everyone looked like the took whole something they could be really happy with, and that is always a good thing. Oooh, it all looked delicious.

cheers
Fi

Jille said...

That looks like a wonderful workshop. I too wish I lived closer xx

Maggie said...

Lucky ladies living near you for that workshop. I love the landscapes... is it all very difficult to do, is there a book you can recommend?

Alanay yıldırım said...

harika görünüyor.çok beğendim.bende gitmeyi çok istiyorum keçe atölyesine.

The Weaver of Grass said...

Love those felty pictures Fi.
Went to S and N's for tea yesterday and were talking about you. Hope all is well.

Kay said...

Just fabulous. I seriously wish you lived near to me.

Ash said...

Clever lady teacher - you have such a lovely way with felt...I know from first hand viewing!!
Hugs!