Tuesday, 3 November 2009

Cake, Pimms, Cake.

Hello all, come and settle yourselves down in front of the fire.
Tea?
You can have the one on the left as it's stronger and I'm a bit of a one-dip girl.
Cake?
It's fruit cake made at our local deli and tastes delicious.
Right, now you are comfortable I wanted to share this lovely gift basket with you.
Isn't it beautiful?
This thoughtful gift is from Karen over at Milkchurn Cottage. On Friday I 'helped' in her pretty shop. Well, I'd like to think I helped. I'm not sure that I was much help really, but sometimes it's just nice to have a bit of moral support isn't it; someone to chitchat and keep the queue distracted until it's their turn.
Hmmmm...Pimms! You should have been there. Really! You must all come next time! Karen was serving Winter Pimms and Christmas cake at her late night shopping event and I must say, it was scrummy! I'm not a drinker really, which has mostly been a bit of a curse socially, but I did like this.

Look! All the things I like! Lots of pretties, lots of pink, lots of ribbon, a beautiful embroidered cloth and a lovely basket. I wouldn't have put anything different in if I'd done it myself.
Thank you Karen, I really appreciate all the thought that went into this gift, but you really shouldn't have. I'm very glad you DID, but you really didn't have to!

P. S. Okay, okay. I'll come clean. There was something else in the basket that I didn't photograph. You'll remember I mentioned Christmas cake?
Well...there was Christmas cake too... 4 pieces...one for each of us.
AND I ENJOYED EVERY ONE OF THOSE PIECES!
.
Fancy an outing to the pretty village of Kettlewell (think Calendar Girls) next time?
See you next time then.
Fi x

13 comments:

marigold jam said...

Lovely gift and I'm sure Karen appreciated your help. Enjoy making some more of your lovely creations with the "stuff" from your basket whilst enjoying a glass of the Pimms!

Jane

KC'sCourt! said...

What a lovely gift

Sarah said...

What a great gift - I love Pimms!
x

funkymonkey said...

Thanks for the tea and cake and the lovely warming fire.

Tracey

Anonymous said...

bonsoir FIONA
OUI MOI JE SUIS PARTANTE POUR KETTLEWEL C EST QUAND LE DEPART??
J AI ADORE LE FILM CALENDAR GIRL QUE JE REGARDE SOUVANT AYNAT LE DVD
MERCI DE NOUS FAIRE PARTAGER LA PROMENADE
BRAVO POUR VOS FABRICATIONS C EST VRAIMENT UN PLAISIR ET UNE INSPIRATION POUR NOUS
BELLE SOIREE A VOUS ET A VOTRE FAMILLE
MARIE CLAUDE

The Weaver of Grass said...

Yes - having tasted a bit of your cake in front of that glorious fire yesterday, I can vouch for its tastiness! Thank you for making me so welcome. Hope you found some bits of material to your liking (I am expecting to see a red-flowered Liberty lawn rabbit any day now!)
The blog I discussed with you (the article in Stitch magazine) is called Kayla coo and is on my blog list - do have a look at it as she is attempting a large piece, which looks lovely. Call in any time you are near.

Diane said...

Ive never had Winter Pimms - only the Summer stuff. Lovely photos. xx

Lynne said...

That cake sounds wonderful. I Think I would have done the same myself!

lynnie said...

fi i am there..right now.. BUT..is the cake really real?? love lynnie

Elise said...

what a lovely gift !

Julia said...

You had me with the title I have to confess, and what a delicious gift to receive! dont blame you for eating all the cake, thats what its there for and it sounds like you deserved it!

Love Julia xx

Shabby Chick said...

Can't believe you ate my piece of cake!!! ;)

Winter Pimms sounds delicious. I love the goodies and the basket.

Mel xxx

LP said...

Oh un poil à bois quelle chance!!!