Tuesday, 24 February 2009

The week so far.


Hello.
I couldn't really decide what to post today. Should it be a 'pre blog project' or photos from my week so far? Hmmm...
Photos from my week so far, I think.

A flask of tea and some crochet, 10 minutes up the road from home. A little quality time with Wonderful Man.

We only stayed for an hour or so, but it was bliss, just the two of us and silence. We're up on the Buttertubs Pass if you were wondering, looking down over Hawes.


This was Sundays hour out for some fresh air. Aysgarth Falls.

All the family came this time, which is very unusual. Our teenagers usually prefer to loll at home in front of some type of electronic device!



This is the Middle Fall.


And today, was a simple walk to the postbox and back.

This is mostly the 'back' journey.

Ok, so I've snuck in a little pre blogging project... well it lives in the hall and I see it when I come through the front door!

It was inspired by the work of Gilda Baron. I've done about 3 or 4 of these pictures and really enjoyed making them. I'll definitely have another go... one day! You know what it's like, add it to the list!

9 comments:

Alchamillamolly said...

Good evening - just popped on for a mo then off to bed. I did notice the lovely pic in your hall and never commented on it - sorry. I love Gilda Baron's work - she is very clever and so are you - yours looks like her style definitely. Was intending to sew some bunting tonight but was too tired after being at the screen all day.

lou said...

I Love your picture!

What beautiful photos, I know what you mean about teenagers; once we get the boys out they are fine and normally enjoy it.
Thanks for sharing your week…love Lou xxx

Shabby Chick said...

Your new project looks intriguing, how lovely :) And all the walks look great, what a nice trip you have to the postbox. I get to cross three roads and go past two petrol stations to get to our nearest one!

Mel xxx

Thecraftytrundler said...

Have spent a few holidays in the Dales, I love it there!! Gorgeous photos!!
That's a great project too, you are so talented!!

Happy crafting : )

Sharon xx

Shabby Chick said...

Thanks Fi! If you read my post from just now I'm afraid your illusions will be shattered! Just been one of those days though I think xxx

Linda said...

Love the pictures, very much. Thanks for posting such beautiful, beautiful landscape pictures. Linda

Gill at Lucy Locket said...

What a lovely place to live, my postbox is past a block of garages and next to a tower block! Not all bad, I do have countryside within a short drive too. I love your picture, haven't heard of Gilda Baron but I'm very impressed.
Thanks for sharing.

Sal said...

Beautiful photos!
I like the idea of a flask of tea... and just sitting and watching the world go by! ;-)

BT said...

More fabulous photos, lovely cobbles down that lane. Then, wow, that delicious embroidery picture. Quite stunning.